Your information is safe with us!
We, Jako-o GmbH, August-Grosch-Straße 28-38, 96476 Bad Rodach, Germany (referred to as JAKO-O in this statement) take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to rules on data protection. The following explanation gives you an overview of how we guarantee this protection. In particular, we would like to explain to you, as a visitor to our website, which type of data we collect, why we collect this data, how we use this data and how you can decide, at any time, how your personal data is dealt with.
II. What happens when you visit the JAKO-O website?
Data is collected and stored for marketing and optimisation purposes on this website, using technologies from Exactag GmbH (www.exactag.com). Use profiles are created from this data under a pseudonym, for which cookies (see under IV) can be used. However, without the express consent of the visitor, use profiles are not linked with the holder of the pseudonym. In connection with your visit to the website, data may, if necessary, be stored on JAKO-O’s servers or on the servers of technical service providers instructed by us. In some instances, this data may allow identification (browser type/version, operating system used, site visited previously, IP address of the requesting computer and time and date of the server request etc.). This data is gathered, processed and used for the purposes of facilitating use of the website (linking), system security and technical administration of the network infrastructure. The data gathered using Exactag technology cannot be used to identify the user personally and is not linked to personal data about the holder of the pseudonym. Incidentally, users may object to data collection and processing for web analysis and creation of use profiles, with effect for the future, by following the link below and setting an opt-out cookie, at any time.
We provide free-of-charge information about the data stored under your name or pseudonym at your request. If this is something you would like, please send an email to service(at)jako-o.de. We are also obligated to correct, block or delete information stored about you, on request.
III. Which data is stored and why?
JAKO-O only requests and uses your personal data for processing orders, unless you wish to use additional services. It is entirely up to you whether you give us your personal data. In order to process and deliver your order, we will only give your data to the delivery service that is delivering your order. We also offer the following services:
- Sending a newsletter with the latest offers
- Registration as a My JAKO-O user
- Participation in other promotions - e.g. birthday gift
- Participation in prize draws
If you decide at a later date that you no longer wish to use these services, you may cancel them at any time with effect for the future. To do this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Jako-o GmbH, Datenschutz, 96476 Bad Rodach, Germany.
If you don´t want to receive any JAKO-O Newsletter anymore, you can unsubscribe link in the Newsletter easily and anytime: In order to do so, you can click the unsubscribe link in thhe footer of an each Newsletter or you can wirte an email at email@example.com
> JAKO-O procedure register
IV. What are Cookies?
Our websites often use things called “cookies”. They are used to make our websites more user-friendly, effective and secure. A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer onto your browser when you surf through our webpages. A cookie may only contain information that we send to your computer - it cannot be used to read private data. If you accept the cookies on our website, we do not have access to your personal information, but we can use the cookies to identify your browser.
- To recognise you the next time you visit our site, so that we can display your preferred presettings in the shopping basket (language, country of delivery and username).
- So that you can use certain other services, e.g. displaying the page in your language, personalisation of our website etc.
- So that we can tailor our pages to meet our customers’ needs even better.
a) Users of the Facebook social network, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, should note that the Facebook communication tool "Website Custom Audiences" is used on this website.
This integrates so-called Facebook pixels on our website, which mark you as a visitor to our website in an anonymous manner, meaning you cannot be personally identified. If you then later log in to Facebook, a non-traceable and therefore non-personal profile will be transferred from your usage data in Facebook, and used for analysis and marketing purposes. Every Facebook user has a unique and device-independent Facebook ID, which makes it possible for us to address the user across a variety of devices and also on the social network Facebook. After 180 days the user data is deleted, until the user visits our website again. No personal information about individual website visitors is transferred to JAKO-O. For this reason it is not possible for JAKO-O to uncover the individual identities of visitors.
More information on the purpose and extent of data captured, its further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well your rights with regard the protection of your personal privacy, please refer to the Facebook data protection information which is available at https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/ and https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. If you would like to opt out of Facebook Website Custom Audiences, you can do this at https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
b) Website tracking by means of ComScore On our website, data on utilization is also collected and stored in anonymized form by means of a process of Comscore. This data is stored on your computer by means of cookies and it permits us to analyze the website utilization in anonymized form. The data gathered cannot be used in any way to personally identify the visitor of our website in the process. The gathered data is merely used to improve our offer. Therefore, all IP addresses are stored only in anonymized form. The data will not be used for other purposes or passed on to third parties. To prevent that cookies are set for the Sitestat Web Tagging of Comscore in the future, please follow this link: http://www.sitestat.com/privacy/?lang=de_DE
c) This website uses cross-device tracking technology provided by Exactag GmbH, address, Germany. Exactag GmbH will set a cookie on each device used by you to access our websites. This cookie contains a unique, but random code. Once you log onto a device, we will generate a pseudonymous code relating to your person, the so-called user identifier, and pass it to Exactag GmbH. The user identifier does not contain any information which would make it possible for Exactag GmbH to personally identify you (so-called hash function). Exactag GmbH also does not store your complete IP addresses, which means that this procedure is completely anonymous. The user identifier generated by us is the same for all of your devices. Therefore, if you log in with us on different devices, the same user identifier is generated on these devices for Exactag GmbH. This enables us to display advertisements that are customized to your interests on different devices used by you. For example, if you were browsing our website on your laptop computer, we can display ads on our own page or third party pages that relate to the items you were looking at on your laptop the next time you surf on your tablet. This should be of more interest to you than randomly selected ads. Exactag GmbH only stores the collected data on a consolidated group basis. We receive a statistical analysis from Exactag GmbH, which is created by consolidating information contained in the group data. This information does not identify you as a specific person and, therefore, we have no knowledge of how you used our shop and third party sites on your devices. We use these statistics to learn how we can improve our services for use with certain devices or for different groups of customers. Exactag GmbH uses multi-level encryption to store the user identifiers and all cookies are deleted from your browser after 12 months.
To object to the storage of your (anonymously collected) visitor data, please use Exactag GmbH‘s opt-out function: http://www.exactag.com/datenschutz/
V. Your rights
You always have the right to information about the data stored about you, its origin and recipients, as well as about why it is being stored. You also have the right to request deletion and/or blocking, as well as correction of your data, at any time. Please contact us with any requests at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Jako-o GmbH, Datenschutz, 96476 Bad Rodach, Germany.
VI. Forwarding to third parties
We do not sell the data we gather. We only pass on the data we receive to third parties as described below:
- For comparison of the address database of associated companies if they are either subject to this data protection statement or if they follow guidelines that offer at least as much protection as this data protection statement.
- We commission other companies and individuals with the completion of tasks for us. Examples include support for organising events, sending letters or emails, maintaining mailing lists, analysis of our databases or advertising. These service providers have access to personal information that is required for performing their duties. However, they may not use it for other purposes. They also undertake to treat the information in accordance with this data protection statement, as well as German laws on data protection.
- We enable carefully selected catalog companies, brand name manufacturers and publishers to send you special advertising information and offers. The only personal information that we forward for third-party marketing purposes is that which is legally permitted (generally published and designated lists of compiled data under the Federal Data Protection Act, Articles 28(3) No. 3 a.F. and 47(2) n.F. as well as under Art. 28(3) p.2 and p.4 n.F. Federal Data Protection Act).
- We pass on personal data if we are legally obliged to do so or if passing on personal data is required to protect our rights or those of third parties.
- For credit checks, if applicable, the necessary data is forwarded to a financial information service (Buergel Wirtschaftsinformationen GmbH & CO. KG, Gasstrasse 18, 22761 Hamburg).
- If you registered to receive the JAKO-O newsletter, we use the information you provided us at the time of registration for the purpose of sending the JAKO-O newsletter. We do not share your data with third parties. The only exception is with partner companies that are responsible for the technical processing of the newsletter delivery. In this case, the scope of the transmitted data is limited to the necessary minimum. Our data protection and privacy regulations are in compliance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Service (TMG).
- In all other cases, we will inform you if personal information is to be passed onto third parties, giving you the opportunity to give your consent.
VII. Use of Facebook Social Plugins
When you visit a webpage of our internet presence that contains this kind of Plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. Facebook sends the content of the Plugin directly to your browser, which incorporates it into the webpage.
Incorporation of the Plugins tells Facebook that you visited the corresponding page of our website. This function is generally deactivated on our website. If you interact with the Plugins, for example if you click the “Like” button or leave a comment, the corresponding information is sent directly from your browser to Facebook, where it is saved. p>
purpose and extent of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options to protect your privacy, can be found in the Facebook data protection information at http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
If you do not want Facebook to gather data about you via our Internet presence, you must log out of Facebook before you visit our website.
Privacy Statement of our Facebook Fan Page.
VIII. Data security
In order to avoid the loss or misuse of the data we have stored, we take comprehensive technical and operational security precautions that are checked regularly and adjusted in line with technological progress. We use SSL (RSA 1024 Bit) as decoding and security software. This process is used successfully throughout the whole of the World Wide Web. You can tell that you are in a secure area by the symbol (a closed padlock) in your browser’s bottom window bar.
All of your personal data (name, address, credit card number bank sort code, account number and so on) are locked and transferred securely on the Internet.
Only our JAKO-O server can decode your data again. Unauthorised parties cannot read your information during the transfer!
However, it is also your responsibility to protect the data you make available against misuse by encoding or similar measures.